Saying Goodbye to DSPs

There were so many papers in the this year’s catalogs that I simply loved. So, while Stampin’Up! is saying “goodbye” to all of these lovelies, I may have hoarded a few for personal use, so I can continue to play with them. But as we get ready to close the current catalog to make room for the new, including many new, beautiful papers, I thought I would share a few card samples with my favorites DSPs.

Share what you love

Window cards


Z-fold card

Petal Promenade

Framing the papers
Read More

Magnolia Lane Suite

This Stampin’Up! suite was a definite pre-order for me, although I couldn’t get it all, at least right away. As a retired florist, when I purchase a floral set, the stamps and dies have to be as realistic as possible. And this suite surely fits the bill.

There will be more card samples coming, and maybe even a shadow box or sampler, but for now, I just wanted to share this card I used for my new catalog swap. And I also wanted to share a happy little discovery I made while making it.

The envelopes in the M&M bundle are so pretty with the floral paper inserts.

For the card base and envelope, I used the Magnolia Lane Memories & More cards and envelopes. The large stamp was inked with versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I then loosely colored in the petals with the chalk marker, and filled in a bit with the Petal Pink Stampin’ Write marker. Going back over certain spots with the chalk marker made some areas even whiter. I wanted to make sure I wiped away any marker left on the silver embossing, and grabbed the nearest thing on my desk, which happened to be a used dryer sheet. To my surprise, with a good rub of the dryer sheet across the image, the dull, flat chalk finish turned into a glossy, almost shimmery finish. While the chalk finish was certainly acceptable on a kraft type card base, I loved even more the contrast that the effect of rubbing the dryer sheet over it left. I know I will be using this technique a lot more when using the chalk marker. If I hadn’t created this card myself, I would have thought it was either made with shimmer paint or metallic gelato. Funny how you can use different products to get basically the same effect. One can learn a lot through experimenting.

I’m not sure if the picture captures it, but the top left flower was rubbed with dryer sheet while the right one was not.

Because these kraft card bases are not very think, I added white card stock panels to the inside and stamped the same image with Crumb Cake ink.

Read More