I’m enjoying this new stamp set from the Occasions catalog, and trying out different coloring techniques. Here are some of the cards I made.
The rose on this card was stamped with Memento Black ink and colored with the light and dark Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin Blends. The top half of the card was embossed using a rose embossing folder. A strip of old DSP was used to hide the transition. The sentiment is from the Eastern Palace stamp set, and black and white pearls were used as embellishments. The middle layer of black card stock carried the color theme from the front, and I used Rose Red card stock for the base, as it more matched the color of the rose after using some color lifter to highlight some of the petals.
This next card used a lot of the same technique for coloring the rose image. Wink of Stella was added, but it’s hard to see in this photo. Very Vanilla layer was stamped with the rose stamp in Rose Red ink, and placed on a black card base. Sentiment is from the same stamp set and black sequins were used as embellishments.
In this butterfly card, I got to add the FREE thinlits I received during Sale-a-Bration. The Celebrate You dies were die cut in both black and white, layering one over the other. The butterfly was stamped in Memento Black ink on vellum and then colored with Stampin Blends Old Olive. The variation in color was achieved by coloring some of the wing segments on one or both sides. And then I used the
color lifter to add some circles to the lower wing segments. I think you can see them in this image. Also pulled in some old DSP for the top layer over heavy white card stock. Again using some black sequins.
On this last card I used some background layering, first with Just Rite Script Background stamp in Crumb Cake, then with the butterfly stamp inked in Smoky Slate and stamped off. A little bit of sponging with Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake was added to knock the background back a bit. The butterfly image was heat embossed with silver embossing powder on Shimmery White card stock, so I could watercolor it, using Blushing Bride and Pink Pirouette with an aqua painter brush. That image was fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped in Smoky Slate on heavy white card stock and layered onto Blushing Bride card stock.